Change is Good!
We are very excited to announce a new partnership to improve our pizza delivery operations in Denver. Starting on Monday, August 29th, we will be partnering with our online ordering company, ChowNow, to outsource our pizza delivery.
What Does That Mean for Pizza Delivery?
You will still receive the same fresh, delicious pizza as always, but now, instead of an Ian’s employee at your door, you will see a friendly Postmates driver. (We also plan to partner with Uber in the near future.)
As technology barrels into the future, the makeup of the food delivery industry is rapidly changing. They use the infrastructure that allows for on-demand dispatching, tapping into the piecemeal economy. Delivery fleets are shifting from individual businesses to collective pools of independent contractors. Just like popular rideshare services, delivery drivers are now able to choose when and how long to work. By working with a pool of restaurants drivers stay busy by constantly taking orders.
Furthermore, restaurants benefit by ensuring their food is delivered quickly and efficiently via on-demand couriers. Removing the management of delivery operations allows employees to focus on serving customers face to face and crafting the highest quality food they can.
Sure, But What Does It Mean for Me?
So, most importantly, what does this mean for you, our loyal, hungry, customer?
- The most noticeable change is that starting on Monday, August 29th, we will only accept delivery orders online. There are three ways to place an online order with Ian’s Denver.
- 1. You can download our app from the Apple or Google Play store on your smartphone.
- 2. You can order through our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/iansdenver/).
- 3. You can order from our website by clicking the “order online” button at the top of the page.
- For pickup orders you will still call the restaurant directly.
- We are changing our delivery fee due to the cost structure of the new partnership. Bringing in hired guns can get expensive, but we’re making sure to keep the cost to our customers to a minimum. For most customers, the delivery fee will now be $4. For customers at the edges of our delivery zone, an additional mileage fee will be added on.
- The last major change you should notice is that at peak times, your order should arrive much faster than in the past. We’re aware that during the busiest times our in-house pizza delivery service is slow. We’ve worked very hard to remedy that over the past two years. The fact is, with so many of you to feed, we just can’t get you your food as quickly as we (or you) would like. Now every order will have a dedicated delivery driver, dispatched to our store as soon as your pizza is prepared. The days of huge wait times should be over!
Let Us Know What You Think!
As with any big change, there will likely be a couple hiccups along the way. Thank you in advance for bearing with us as we move our delivery service into the future, and as always, we want to hear from you! If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or feedback, please let us know. And as always, thank you for your business.
We love you Denver.